Saturday, November 2, 2019

Siargao

Mindanao is close to my heart considering that both of my parents hail from this region. Thus, my travel bucketlist when it comes to beaches definitely includes Siargao.

Siargao is often featured in tv shows as a beach paradise and a favorite surfing destination. When airlines offered fare promotions for clark to siargao flights, I did not hesitate to book it immediately.


Considering that I have watched the Filipino movie Siargao before I went there, I have some preconceived idea that Siargao has a provincial vibe. Yes, the General Luna place (the touristy place in Siargao) is laidback but it is already progressive similar to Boracay establishments. There are various restaurants and establishments along the General Luna road and there are parties every night, be it an acoustic night or bar party. I was fortunate enough to experience the full moon night party in Siargao 😊


During the month of August, well known surfers like Philmar and Luke Landrigan can be seen practicing in Cloud 9 area with their surfing board since it is the month of international surfing competition.

Siargao is an adventurous place to visit. You will learn to surf and to jump off the diving board which is very liberating. Swimming at the Naked island is the best activity to do during island hopping. Having boodle fight feast at the Daku Island is an attraction for travelers. 

What's unique about Siargao - it's the planted coconut trees all over the area that added to its charm.





soeliana resort siargao




























No comments: