Monday, August 10, 2020

Kobe, Japan

My air travel before the Covid pandemic was my tour in Kansai region of Japan last October 2019.  It was a birthday gift to myself. Given that I cannot travel yet abroad during this lock down period and it is already 3rd of quarter  2020, I will just travel through my imagination😄

Reminiscing back on my Kansai tour, I can definitely say that I am charmed by the beauty of Kobe.


Kobe is one of the urbanized cities in Japan with a nice harbour and a panoramic view of city surrounded by mountains. It was chosen as one of the venues for the FIFA WorldCup 2019, thanks to its large built-in stadium for international sports spectators. Hop-on, Hop-off day tour buses travelling the entire loop of Kobe City make it more friendly for international tourists.



A part of Kobe reminded me also of Ginza in Tokyo due to its beautiful building structures and nice commercial stalls. Take a few walks and you will surely enjoy wandering around the city. When you stop by in their famous Chinatown, be sure to taste the famous “Kobe beef”, a Wagyu beef of a kind, which is the most delicious beef I tasted so far. Yes, it is pricey but the food experience is really worth it.




A must stop is the Nunobiki Ropeway where it will take you to the top of Herb Gardens. In Japan, you will enjoy riding on their sturdy aerial lifts which will show the scenic views of the city, its mountains and its waterfalls.

This Covid season makes us appreciate more our previous travel escapades and the “freedom of wandering”. With these good travel memories, I earnestly pray that we can soon enjoy travelling the world “Mask Free”. Let’s all dream for a better world🙏


                         































  

No comments: