Sunday, July 26, 2026

Court Hopping for Pickleball Open Plays

 I am in my sports era this 2026😅.

If my time permits, I play pickleball 2-3x a week. Aside from having my home court in DragonSmash Taguig, I have also tried court hopping to compare various sports venues and amenities. This is also to get excited to feel something new.

What I have tried so far:

SM Paloo Muntinlupa

This is near my hometown. What I love about this venue, it's inside mall so it's air conditioned. The players are also intermediate and advance. The open play is organized, like my rest time is only 15 minutes. I was just adjusting to the cement floor that time since I am accustomed to wood flooring in Dragon Smash.



St. Paul College Gym in Pasig

This is where we play with my officemates. It's fun to play with people you know also. I love the area, it's safe since you are required to present QR code to enter and exit the place and with huge parking space. There are also huge industrial fans. The flooring is also a nice cement with thick covering (not sure if its taraflex/pvc). I have also adjusted since the pickleball bounced higher in this cement vs the wood flooring in Dragonsmash. 





Activate One Ayala

This is my favorite air conditioned court in One Ayala Mall since it only has 2 pickleball courts (smaller compared to Dragon Smash). I have learned from the players here since they teach me also of techniques. The side floorings are rubber also. What i love here is that the open play is 4 hrs instead of the regular 3 hrs. I usually choose their Sunday afternoon OPs.



Baseline PickleBall Club Taguig

This is one of the new courts in Taguig, it is like a warehouse with 4 courts. What I love here is that there are also huge industrial fans and tables at the center where you can eat with your friends. The open plays are also 4 Hrs and this is the same with One Ayala (more private due to fewer courts).



Dragon Smash Taguig

This is my homecourt. I love attending the Open Plays here. This is a large sports complex for badminton and pickleball events. The venue is also an open air court with exhaust fans at the roof. Maybe on my mind, i felt more safe in wood compared to cement floors. Plus, I am already acquainted with the players since majority of them are also constants in Taguig open plays.


No comments: