Monday, June 25, 2012

Meet Bo Sanchez

Every start of the year, I make it a habit to write down the goals I want to accomplish, the things I want to do and the places I want to visit. In my 2009 journal, included in my to-do-list is to attend one of Brother Bo Sanchez’s talks. I am a big fan of Bo and it is my dream to see him in person. I watch his preachings on tv regularly and I find his talks very inspiring, what more if it’s live?

Better late than never, I was able to put a check on this item this 2012. In the office, I constantly receive e-mails of daily dose from Bro. Bo’s blog, thanks to gwen! (“_”) This serves as a cue to complete my 2009 outstanding assignment. Fortunately,I have another officemate who is part of the Life of Jesus family, the community of Brother Bo. She informed me that Brother Bo is regularly conducting his talks (The Feast) at the PICC for free.


With this opportunity at hand, I attended the three (3) Sunday sessions and completed the first topic series of the year entitled “Three (3) things God cannot do. Here are the answers:

Talk 1:  God cannot Lie
Bo discussed the story of Elisha and Elijah and the lessons of the story:
·        Be firm with your decision
·        Be flexible with your deadline
·        Be free from the details

Talk 2:  God cannot Change
Bo discussed the love story of Hosea and Gomer. His main point is that: fame, cool, body and people change but God does not change. No amount of sin decreases God’s love for us. It is sin that refuses the love of God but his love never goes away.

Talk 3:  God cannot Fail
Bo discussed the three rising from the death miracles of Jesus. Even in the death of our dreams, God can restore our forgotten dreams, just have faith. Failure is temporal but victory is permanent, we have a champion partner in life and that is God.

Basically, the topics focused on our dreams. As Bo Sanchez said” Do not deny your feelings. Acknowledge your feelings. But at the end of the day, follow your faith. "

No comments: