Sunday, May 14, 2017

Maniwaya Island, Marinduque

Maniwaya Island. I only heard about this island beach this year. Looking at the gorgeous Maniwaya pictures all over the internet, I became interested to join my travelmates' summer getaway.

Considering that this is still in Region 4, I think it is worth taking the risk of traveling again via roro despite the earthquake alerts in Batangas. Thankfully, God yielded to our request for a good weather and everything went smoothly=) 

My clans are from Mindanao, thus, my primary travels are concentrated in Visayas/Mindanao areas since I can understand a bisaya dialect.  Whenever I travel to Luzon areas, I feel excited to explore a new area and  learn their way of life.

(Travel Itinerary: 4 Hrs Bus from Metro Manila to Lucena, Quezon Wharf -> 2.5 Hrs Roro to Marinduque)

Boac Marinduque is like the Vigan of Ilocos. There are several old Spanish houses and the place is peaceful. Also, I did not see any Jollibee/Mc Do/Greenwich fast food establishments in the area. I recommend the local pizza at Monserrat and it is just a walking distance within the Boac center. (you may use google map to locate the place). There are other home grown restaurants within the area which are worthy to try like Kusina sa Plaza.

Similar to other provinces, the locals are already in the comfort of their homes by 8pm. 

To visit Maniwaya Island, you have to take a jeepney ride to Sta Cruz, Marindue port (1.5 hrs). In Sta. Cruz, there are several private boats that will take you to Palad Sand Bar, Ungab Rock and the Maniwaya Island. You can also choose to stay at Maniwaya Island since there are resorts and rented tents in this island beach.

Marinduque is known for their arrow root cookies, sampaloc and magnets with authentic butterfly laminated as design.






































No comments: