Sunday, November 5, 2017

Bacolod, The City of Smiles

Ten (10) Years ago, at Bacolod Circle Inn ,  I bumped into my cousin who is a doctor from Cagayan De Oro and with temporary assignment in Bacolod City. It was my first day at that time in Bacolod, a solo young traveler who just arrived at the inn from the airport  for a business trip.  Lucky for me, my cousin attended an event that night and I was able to see her from afar. She joined me during my spare time in Bacolod.

Considering that she has been residing there for months already, she acted as my tourist guide within the city. At that time, SM City Bacolod is still under construction. I was able to have a taste of the authentic Bacolod Inasal" and got the provincial vibe of Bacolod at night. 

My work assignment that time as researcher is to visit our major clients for a usage, attitude,image study. This type of job led me to go to places I have never been to. The sugar canes that are planted on the vast land of Bacolod created a nice view for first time tourists like me. Going to remote places and nearby areas of Bacolod became my stint =)

2017 - I joined the ASPLI event and the venue is in Bacolod. I have seen the progress and the major changes that transpired during the decade =). Since my first time in Bacolod was more of work, this year, I was able to visit the tourist spots of the City of Smiles.























No comments: