Sunday, June 10, 2018

Gigantes Islands

Iloilo is known for its melodious language - the "Ilonggo". Hearing the locals speak their native language adds to their warm personality and hospitality, making Iloilo more attractive to the tourists.

I've been to Iloilo twice. Aside from the  famous lapaz batchoy (noodle soup) and sea food, my travels here were memorable as I got to visit various marine schools for a customer satisfaction study. Iloilo is one of the top sources of Filipino seafarers. In addition, Iloilo became my access point to visit Boracay for the first time.


This year, I had an opportunity to visit Iloilo again; not the city but the northern part of the region - Estancia, Iloilo. Our entry point is Roxas City since it is just 1 hour and 30 minutes to Estancia. What I loved about Estancia - the seafood!. I ate various sea shells, scallops, oysters, fresh fish and crabs. I described it as a seafood festival in a normal day.

One thing not to be missed in Estancia is the island hopping activity in Gigantes Islands. Travelling across the ocean all the way to Gigantes islands reminded me again of the strong waves in my Calaguas tour. The waves are big and strong; passengers on the front of the motorboat are literally soaking wet (including me 😂 ). All the anxiety brought by huge waves for more than an hour was all worth it when you reach the islands.





















   







No comments: