Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sports Recreation

I aspire to get more stamina and cross-train like that of a triathlete. I usually prefer high intensity workouts; I do get bored on the usual thread mill runs and on slow moving exercises, such as yoga. This 2015, part of my fitness goal is to have a variation on my exercise,sports and recreation.

(picture of Phil Army gym Taguig)

I am a beach lover who often seeks adventure through island hopping and water sports activities, but I want to confess that I am not a swimmer. Better late than never, I started my Swimming lessons through the help of my friend who has a training background from Lozada's swimming school. Now, I am practicing (1) survival swim (2) breast stroke and (3) free style swimming. Later on, I will try how to tread water on pools with above 5 feet water depth and on deep sea (i.e.open water swimming)

Swim-Bike-Run, I am fascinated with the endurance possessed by all triathletes and swimmers, particularly the stamina of Browlee Brothers and Michael Phelps. Phelps, aside from his famous 12,000 calorie a day diet, is an icon when it comes to self-discipline. For five years straight, he has not missed out a training day, even during his birthday.Aside from this well decorated Olympian champion, I also admire our young local sports enthusiasts. Celebrity Isabelle Daza has created a documentary video of her pre-triathlon training days to inspire women to be strong, fit and healthy.(Please watch these videos).

(CBS News."The Golden Boy."YouTube. September 20,2010)


                     (Narciso,Dondi. "Going the Distance".YouTube. February 16, 2014 )

Even the local athletes featured in the Multisports Magazine shows how healthy lifestyle can change you for the best. Their motivational stories inspire me to have my fitness training regularly. 


No comments: