Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Inner Voice


I believe that mind can never comprehend
every speck of reality,
a niche of translucency and disguise
soars into the midst of the unknown.

I believe that there is a voice from within
that never fails to remind the truth,
the must be and might be of life.
The three dimensions of matter can be visible
but the inner content may not be recognized.

I believe that there is an inner voice which will never falter
to read the impalpable content;
that everyone has this voice and
everyone communicates through this gift.
No need of sounds and whispers,
this voice can decipher the puzzle of
the universe's complexities, of inner-bound repressions, and of the
anonymity of the herald.

I can see the loneliness from smiling eyes,
smell the fishy and foul play in disguise,
touch the glowing heart in fire, and
hear the message that is meant for the recipient.
I can sense the unimaginable and eccentric piece
through this voice.

Through this voice,
may the earnest desire be achieved,
may the hidden feelings be expressed and
may the serenity of the sea find itself.



Smiley

This is the one and only poem I wrote during my college days which I posted in my defunct friendster account.  I was able to save a back-up copy in my yahoo e-mail dated October 2006. 



Why am I sharing this poem after a decade?

=> I have recently watched a youtube video featuring "Oprah Winfrey on Career, Life and Leadership". Oprah discussed the importance of listening to instincts and the inner voice. This presentation is somehow connected to this writing piece which contains a unifying message: The inner voice guides us on our important life decisions and future endeavor.



(Stanford Graduate School of Business. "Oprah Winfrey on Career, Life and Leadership". Youtube. April 28, 2014)



No comments: